Welcome to Östermalm, the modern downtown of Stockholm.
In this Walking Tour of Östermalm we will focus on modern and contemporary history; we will start with the upcoming of the Swedish Empire and talk about the fall against Rusia in the early XVIII century.
During this tour we will talk about the economic and political development and how Sweden became a modern European power that is nowadays. We will mix social aspects such as religion and welfare state system with fun and interesting stories like the Stockholm syndrome, scientific innovations and the murder of Olof Palme.
There are limited spots, so please, book in advance!
What we will see:
- Gustav Adolf and Vasa dynasty
- Karl XII and Swedish Empire
- Kunsträdgården and religion in Sweden
- Karl XIII and Swedish neutrality
- The Sinagoge and Raoul Wallenberg, WWII legacy
- Berzelii park and scientific contributions
- Nybroplan and the Kungliga Dramatern
- Normalmstorg and Stockholm Syndrome
- Stureplan and the economic development
- Olof Palme and modern politics
- Concert Hall and Nobel Prizes
Tour at 11:00
Reviews on Facebook:
¿What is the price?
Ours tours in Stockholm are based on tips, this means that you dont have to pay anything when booking the tours, but we expect your help because this is our only income. This means that the tour is “pay what you want”.
In order to maintain the quality in our tours, you need to make a booking. If you cant make it, please cancel the booking so that we don’t wait for you and someone else can book your spot.
Our other tours in Stockholm
The south-island of Stockholm has evolved from being the industrial area of the city to a cultural mix of art, environmental development, religious acceptance and social awareness.